Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 9 months ago

If god doesn't exist, then what is your purpose in life and what is the source of that purpose?

I've already thought about that before

I can't think of there being a life without god

So I always have Faith.

I would have no purpose in this life, and my source would be God: "With God all things are possible"

Where do you get the idea that the development of the human being has a purpose . in all the thousands of years of its development its made some terrible blunders, killing millions in its wars and conflicts, usually to no purpose at all, and will eventually totally wipe itself out of existence

Is that what you call a purpose of life, with or without a God ?If you consider that all life forms have a purpose, perhaps you will consider the purpose of such life forms such as the common cold, or cancer

If you believe that all life forms have a purpose, perhaps you will consider the perpose of life forms such as the common cold, or cancer which must according to your theory have some useful purpose. Seems rather difficult to assign a God given purpose ti it doesn't it ?

none of us have a purpose. I'm aitheist, i think we had a really slim chance of not developing consciousness and yet we managed to be the one species with the exact right development rate and situations that we did. so i believe that we should treasure that. be good people to one another and further your understanding of the world and people around you, not to please some deity thats 'up there watching over us' but simply for your sake. My purpose specifically is to help the human race develop while still helping the environment around us. even in the small ways.

by the way

be kind for the sake of being kind, people. not because that's your supposed purpose by God or something

If god DOES exist, what is my purpose in life?

My purpose is to keep the sewer department in business

and the source is human nature

• tenn

I pity you if you feel so useless that you can’t even value your life without the belief that a god validated you. That’s just sad.

What is your purpose in life WITH a god? Endlessly praising him? Spending your life trying to convince him to let you into heaven? That’s pathetic.

My purpose is trolling for eternity

• iammclane

Whew! THERE'S a breath of fresh air!

My purpose is whatever I choose it to be. At the moment it is pursuing an idea in archaeology to see where it leads and if we can learn and understand more of what being human is about. If I can leave the world a better or more interesting place for having lived in it that is a purpose well worth following.

• EddieJ

My purpose is to point out that you shouldn't be using the anonymous blue avatar of shame.

• iammclane

Hear, hear!

• Matt

My purpose is to live calmly without an audience, learning biology and cultures and admiring music and art.

Source(s): My morals and desires