Is working at a machine shop as a machinist a good job or even considered a career?

I am 19yrs old and was given this opportunity with a good pay above the minimum wage. I am happy working there but I never thought or imagined working in a machine shop I had always wanted to work with cars or in construction and eventually work towards being an entrepreneur. I know this is something that is really... show more I am 19yrs old and was given this opportunity with a good pay above the minimum wage. I am happy working there but I never thought or imagined working in a machine shop I had always wanted to work with cars or in construction and eventually work towards being an entrepreneur. I know this is something that is really all up to me and what I like but I would like to hear others opinions and get pros & cons.