Dani asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

I just want the pain of life to stop. I ve been thru trauma after trauma. Most people in my life have turned their backs on me.?

Those who haven't are hurting themselves. Whenever I've told people before my pain, they either can't handle it, or say something stupid and hurt me even more. There's no escape. Things keep getting worse and worse. There's honestly no one in my life that can help me. I'm too broken.

Have you tried killing yourself :D

• Dani9 months agoReport

Good idea. I'll go try and let you know :-*

The emotional pain will always be there if you start complaining about it instead of moving on with your life. I suggest that you learn to deal with it by making yourself a better person. Focus on the positive aspects in your life and don't give into despair or defeatism.

It is your choice to wallow in self pity and play the victim but you can change your attitude with positive reinforcements. The pain will go away of you let go from the past. Find something that has more value in your life to overcome this affliction.

• LP7

Maybe because they have their own pain to work through.Have you considered they are human too?Don't go where angels fear to tread.Think before you set yourself up for another fall.Retreat for a while and contemplate your behaviour in relationships.What is your part in it and how could you have handled it better.

Well, Dani, I agree with one thing you've written, "There's honestly no one in my life that can help me." The truth and the solution is you must help yourself. I hate the phrase, "I know how you feel." No one can know how you feel. The best they can do is bring their similar experiences to bear and approximate what you're feeling, just as I am now. The best advice I can give you is to forget yourself. That may seem impossible when you're seemingly in Hell, but it isn't if you have the inner strength to try. Let me give you an example from my life. I probably felt as you do once when my world fell apart. I wanted to die and felt that no one could possibly understand what I was going through. What I did to try to forget myself was go to India and work with the dying in the slums of Calcutta. When I experienced what real pain and despair are and how petty all my problems seemed in comparison, I was ashamed to raise my head. I forgot about all my self pity and just concentrated in trying to alleviate the suffering of those poor souls who really had nothing and no one to help or care. It worked. After a year, when I couldn't stand it anymore, I came home. When I felt sorry for myself, I thought of all those I had helped die with the knowledge that someone cared; that they were not alone. It has made an enormous difference in my life. I still realize that there's been far more sorrow than joy in my life, but I am so grateful for the transitory happiness that I remember, that I cannot remain in that self imposed Hell I make for myself. So, Dani, if you have the courage and the will, forget yourself and try to help other souls who, like you, find life impossible to live. Believe it or not it not just helps, it's a cure.

Friendship can be great therapy so long as friends aren't substituted for therapists. People don't know how to help you unless they're trained to help.

There's a number of things that can help. It's best if you have a professional who knows how to use them. I've have a lot of information in my answers, such as this one, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

Emotional and psychological trauma is the result of extraordinarily stressful events that shatter your sense of security, making you feel helpless in a dangerous world. Traumatic experiences often involve a threat to life or safety, but any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and isolated can result in trauma, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm. It’s not the objective circumstances that determine whether an event is traumatic, but your subjective emotional experience of the event. The more frightened and helpless you feel, the more likely you are to be traumatized.

Don't pay attention to those ignorant and narrow-minded people who indicated that you should kill yourself because that's awful advice. I personally think you should be talking to a psychiatrist. I did it, and it was quite helpful.