How do I explain my feelings to my controlling parent?

Hi let me give you a little back story my grandparents raised me in a Jehovahs Witness household my grandfather died years ago and now it’s just my controlling grandma taking care of me I’m currently 17 I have never wanted to be a witness and I started dating my boyfriend when I was 16 I never told my grandma about... show more Hi let me give you a little back story my grandparents raised me in a Jehovahs Witness household my grandfather died years ago and now it’s just my controlling grandma taking care of me I’m currently 17 I have never wanted to be a witness and I started dating my boyfriend when I was 16 I never told my grandma about it until now when my psycho sister kept blackmailing me about it and now my grandma keeps saying I’m a liar and I told her I never wanted to lie I only did it because I was scared she would kick me out because she kick it my mom and my aunt and I told her she has always been abusive and was traumatizing especially about the religion and her main argument is I lied because I wanted too but I wanted to tell the truth and she said I’m not allowed to make decisions for myself until I’m 18 and basically she completely controls my life until I’m 18 but I told her she can’t live my life for me and she can’t make my life decisions and like why can’t she be happy for me she treats me like property and I hate it but she doesn’t understand every time I try to explain to her I don’t know if I’m wording it wrong or something sorry if this makes no sense
4 answers 4