sarah asked in PetsCats · 9 months ago

is a cats purr mythical?

has healing properties? with cell regeneration?

makes people want to care for the cat?

where does it come from?

Not at all because mythical implies it doesn't exist.

Not sure about all that... If anything, it’s probably the emotional bond you share between you and the cat when you touch. Touch is very powerful to our minds. Releases some chemical in the brain that makes us feel better, and you bonding with your cat probably releases several chemicals that just make you feel good and so on..

Source(s): Not a doctor so I dunno the names of any brain chemicals... (:

A cat's purr is healing to the cat and perhaps to other cats; maybe to humans also.

Cats purr instinctively when they are stressed or feeling ill.

No one knows where cats come from. They seem to simply appear. They are both magical and mystical and their purring has been known to cure all sorts of maladies including carbuncle, Yodelers Syndrome, and the Zift.

No, a cat's purr is NOT mythical. A a happy cat's purr can be quite calming and lowers your blood pressure. However, cats do sometimes purr when they are in pain. Cats know when you smell wrong. They also know when something is wrong with you that is not the same as what is usually wrong. With me, what is usually wrong is low blood sugar. I am a type 1 diabetic for more than 64 YEARS. 10 years I had viral pneumonia. One of my cats knew it. None of my cats have been trained. I am still alive and kicking partly because of gentle but persistent paws in the face waking me up when my blood sugar level was very low.

• Matt

Myhical? Wrong term. Mystical? Still not at all. Its a vibration in the larynx, that temporarily affects the vocal chords. Its apeal to humans is an unintended side effect.

i like cats. they purr too.