Anita asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 9 months ago

LG UK6090 vs. Samsung NU 6900?

Hi, I would like to buy a new 65 inch tv for my bedroom and it's down to these two options. Which is better (clearer, brighter, more colorful)? Are there any other affordable options are even better than these?

Also, about what percent does Black Friday cut down prices? Not sure if it's worth it to wait. These two range from $530-$550

The Samsung would be the better of these two. LG’s LEDs use IPS panels, so you can get a better viewing angle from them but at the cost of contrast. Their lower end models have terrible black levels, and dirty screen effects and it’s more noticeable in dark rooms. So for a bedroom TV I would stay away with LG.

With that being said, I would recommend the Vizio Quantum M Series. It’s a little more, however you get a lot of features.

For one, it uses Quantum Dots like Samsung QLED models. It has a far superior HDR performance because not only of the wider color spectrum but because of its full array local dimming. It can dim the darker parts of the screen while leaving the bright parts more vivid. Plus, it supports Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 where as both of the TVs you listed just support HDR10. Both of the TVs you listed don’t support Wide Color Gamut and can’t get bright enough for HDR to pop compared to standard content.

those are very good tv with very good deals

The Samsung should be a better TV overall.

No one has yet convinced me that Any bedroom should have a TV in it At All,

let alone a huge 65 inch screen.