Kindred asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 months ago

Unconscious collective falls under phenomenology—and my question is when we experience such moments why are the so overwhelming?

Today I had this fear I missed filling in for a friend at a weekly event and 30 seconds later she texted me to remind me to cover next week. That’s small and when we witness such connections why is it so breathtaking?

That could be an example of our unconscious connection to each other, but that's a rather common experience and usually is described as psychic. The experience you had was probably because she was thinking about you forgetting and you were anxious about forgetting. She wanted to call you about it even before you got anxious.

They are not unconscious if they are overwhelming.

Yes, yes , go on........

The reasons are emotional not philosophical. Wrong forum. Ask in the psychology forum instead.

• Kindred

Phenomenology is picked up an philosophical here. Concept really isn’t psychological. Philosophical people deal with meaning—we attach meaning to such things. It’s also the internet and not exactly as rigid.