Do you check in with your spouse / mate during the day?

Call me crazy but I think couples should stay in contact with each other. Last week one of my husband's childhood friends passed away and he was asked to speak at the funeral. It was this past Sat. He asked me to go and I said yes. By Friday I decided not to go and told him. He didn't seem to care. Sat came and he went on to the funeral. He was meeting up with his mom and sisters who were also going to the funeral. I decided to go shopping. The funeral was at 12 so several hours later I hadn't heard from him so I sent him a text. "I'm in Concord". That's the next city over from where we live. His reply was "Why?" I then tell him I was looking at laptops. He then stops replying. I didn't hear from him again until I got home and he was already there. He tells me that there was no need for me to text him just to tell him where I was. He said he asked me to go to the funeral and I originally said yes then changed my mind. He seems to be upset that I was texting him while he was at the funeral just to tell me I was at the store. He said he didn't care where I was because he was busy himself. I just think that couples need to communicate things like this. His thought was he would see me at home once the funeral was over. However, my husband is the type of guy who will get home and I won't be there but he won't even text me to ask where I am. Do you check in with your spouse during the day to let them know your whereabouts? My husband things that's stupid.

• Tara

We DO check in with each other .. especially for safety reasons - and to make plans.

• Kelly

No, we don't.

My husband is too busy for that, he'd get annoyed with it. I really only contact him during the work day if it's something urgent that can't wait or during non work hours if he's expecting it.

Plus if we're updating each other all day, wtf will we have to talk about when we see each other?

• Tony9 months agoReport

this there a get bac something on walls it come walking the dog i guses i not thinking right if so call me 0126857123 ask for david

selfishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Sally

Some of them I do. Some of them I do not

• mmm

it is extremely stupid to think your husband should reply to you during a funeral

and just because you care - does not mean men feel the same way

and if you leave - that would be a good message to send so he doesn't have to wonder where you are

stop playing these ' you'd text me back if you cared' games - he doesn't like it

• Trish

First of all his friend died and you didn't even go to the funeral to support him then you have the nerve to get upset when you interrupted the memorial service to say you are shopping. What kind of wife are you what kind of person are you?

• -

some days yes and some no

• BOBBER

We do at least once a day we will contact each other just to check in, Or just to say I love you.

No, we never did. You are being far too clingy and it's no wonder your husband didn't respond to you. Just leave it. You can talk when you're together.

It's stupid to the degree that you seem to think it should be done. Believe it there once was a time where people did not have texting devices and they generally had to rely on face to face communication or talking on phones that were attached to wires attached to the wall. In other words there has been about 50 thousand years in which couples could not text each other their whereabouts to check in regularly during the day and only about 15 years when they could.