Anonymous

As a new intern (but i have social anxiety), i am not that impressive at small talk or chatting?

I am very quiet and shy. Any tips? Im also hoping i dont have to network or whatever unelss it happens by accident.

i would just be friendly, noone says you have to talk all the time

Dude the best thing I ever did was get a dog. I take my rescue to the dog park every day after work, havent missed a day in months. I struggle with SAD as well and a dog has helped me tremendously. when you love your dog and youre at a dog park surrounded by people who love thier dog as well small talk is easy. That practice that I get at the dog park has carried into my work life and helped me alot I've even got a couple dates through chatting at the dog park. If you do get a dog you better treat your dog well because if not I will find you and beat the shyt out of you. If you love dogs, rescue a dog and go to the dog park every day and your small talk will definitely improve. Hope this helps.

Source(s): New dog lover, long term social anxiety sufferer