Where can I buy a long-haired rat? I cannot seem to find one. Thank you for your help.?

• Nathan

Please make sure you have a pair and a cage, most popularly used is the critter nation because it offers the 2 cubic feet needed as a minimum, as well as lots of toys/enrichment.

Long haired rats are extremely uncommon and most pet shops won't sell them, though I don't recommend buying from one as all their animals come from mills, so looking for breeders - getting in contact with some to see if they know of any - or looking in shelters are a good option. In some cases they are just not availale, in the area that I love there's a zero percent chance I'll ever be able to own one because it's cruel to order one and get it mailed to you but there are none for sale/adoption.

• patty

ring up the local shelter. they would have plenty I am sure.

maybe at the pet store

Do they even exist?

• *****

To the best of my knowledge, there are no domesticated breeds of long-haired rats.