Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 months ago

Is Expedia trustworthy for bundles?

I wanna book through Expedia because they have good bundles (flight+hotel). But is it trustworthy? I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews but should I still do it?

Expedia is fine. But bundling travel features puts you at a distinct disadvantage. Plus it often means you pay for things you don't really want.

My advice: directly negotiate with each vendor: airline, hotel, transfer. Use Uber or Lyft wherever possible. That way if anything goes wrong, there is no intermediary to deal with in order to get problems fixed.

YES they have sold MILLIONS of packages over the YEARS they have been in business.

You can find complaints on any booking site.

99% never report one way or the other.

Booking direct can be just as good value than using such sights as Expedia, etc.. They offer what is available to them, so can be restricted if you are looking for flights on a specific airline, or accommodation that is budget or bespoke.

• MS

It's trustworthy - it's a legit site. However, if you run into problems with your flight or your hotel, you may have more difficulty getting it resolved. Expedia will not help you with this, at least not without significant hassle and headache. Make sure that the savings really are significant. I usually find that I can get the same deals by booking separately myself. Not always, but usually.

I've never had any problem with bookings through Expedia.

It is trust worthy but you have to understand the situation and see if it is worth it for you. When you book a bundle through a place like Expedia, many hotels and airlines will not be as helpful if there is a problem. If there isn't any problem than you can save money. If there is a problem, dealing with it through a 3rd party (like Expedia) can make it a pain and all that money saved might not seem like it is worth it as you are trying to deal with 3rd party customer service and having them deal with the hotel/airlines and you just trying to figure it out.

Most of the time there isn't going to be an issue and saving money is usually a good way to go for most people. But in the end, you have to decide what's best for you.