Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 5 months ago

What VEGAN FOODS do you actually refuse to eat? Please explain Why.?

Favorite Answer

Anything loaded up with salt. It defeats any health benefits that might otherwise accrue from a vegan diet.

• Mark

Most people DO eat a lot of vegan things. Vegetables: vegan. Nuts: vegan. Potato chips: vegan Fruit: vegan. Popcorn: vegan. Sherbet: vegan. (Somehow I think you have it in your head, "vegan things all taste bad".)

So, none, really. I just don't ONLY eat vegan foods.

Onions because I hate them.

peanut butter gives me a sore tongue

Store-bought vegan cheeses. They are usually loaded with fat, salt, and stabilizers. It takes very little effort and time to make your own, plus the benefit of not compromising your health is huge!

• GEEGEE

I won't refuse to try it again but have disliked tofu in the past. More than likely because of the way it was prepared.

• Daisy

There are no vegan foods. I can eat anything a vegan can eat....plus meat, eggs and dairy products.

• denise

AVOCADO! YEUCH!!!!!!!

I follow a normal omnivorous diet but a good part of what I eat consists of “vegan foods” - fruit, vegetables, nuts, cereals etc.

I can't think of anything I'd “refuse to eat” because it was vegan but I avoid foods that pretend to be somethings else or contains something artificial that, to me, has no business being there, such as gluten free bread, sugar free jam, things containing artificial sweeteners etc. I'd have no problem with a vegan substitute for a burger or bacon but I really wouldn't want something that was meant to appear to be bacon or meat.

To me, there's plenty of great food that's not meat.

I will eat anything as long as it is not from an animal.

I love hummus. What about you?