How do you become a “Repo” Man?

Wanna work job where I can just drive peoples cars away and take them back to the dealerships if they can’t pay for the car?? What school should I go to for that? Or what’s the requirements?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

If you knew what the work of a repo man is actually like you, wouldn't want to be one.

It's like legalised theft with the constant threat of violence and you don't drive the cars back to the dealer.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Cars do not go back to dealerships. Dealers were paid by the lien holder. Most lien holders have holding lots or their repo agents do.

Get a license to tow, a tow truck, insurance, and then sign up with lien holders to repossess vehicles for them.

Then get the needed paperwork to get the vehicle, find it, follow the law and notify the police just before you hook up to it.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You don't have to go to school, obviously. Just ask every tow yard in town if they need help.

• 9 months ago

Repossession agents typically come for the towing industry. So I would think that is the place to start.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Repos are the property of finance companies, not the dealers where they are sold. Many repos are done with a tow truck as you would need keys and a second person to drive one away. Try asking your bank who does their repos. Usually it an indepent local firm or person.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Repo agencies are usually 3rd party. Not associated with dealerships and most are towed. No education requirements beyond maybe a CDL.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You need a CDL and a tow truck

• Ian K
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Don't forget insurance and basic self defense skills.

• 9 months ago

Im not sure good neews

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.