Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutVietnamDa Nang · 9 months ago

Why would my coworker not say happy birthday to me?

My 23rd birthday was a few days ago. I planned two days off work and went on a short trip with my cousins for those two days, which was nice. My birthday was on the second day. Several of my coworkers sent me birthday messages, and they must’ve seen it was my birthday through Facebook. I went to work the next day and all my coworkers (except one) asked how my birthday was. Yet, one of my male coworkers (who also knew it was my birthday as he’s on my Facebook), did not even mention it or ask about it, even after hearing the others talk about it. I found it quite odd that he didn’t say anything, as we’re good workmates and have worked together for two years. Would you find this a bit rude? I don’t know why, but I found it weird. Because if it was his birthday, I would wish him a happy day or at least ask him about it.

Maybe it wasn't a good day for him. Or he was actually working.

Grow up, its a birthday. So what.

They might be a Jehovah’s Witness.

• J J8 months agoReport

That's true, Anthony. Jehovah's Witnesses don't commemorate holidays or birthdays either one. Very possible.

It might be a little rude or odd

But what if he had a private reason or a family member died on your birthday so it's hard for him to talk about it. Or if he is single, maybe he likes you and his way of stopping the feeling for him is by pretending your not there.

You should be respectful of his decision to ignore you.

Cinco de Mayonnaise is a bigger celebration.

your co workers owe you cooperation in the gig,perfunctory politeness

and not much more

you got a few nice wishes,,you ought to be a happy camper if 2 of them turn into friends

• GEEGEE

Some people just don't "do" birthdays. Often based, in part, on how they were raised. I have a friend, who is 73, who expects to be queen for a day on her birthday, I couldn't care less.

hahaha like he cares your getting older.. WHY should he.. IS is not getting any from you and he probably doesn't even like you but has to work with you. GET OVER YOURSELF.. I didn't and will not ever wish you a happy birthday either.. JUST BE GLAD YOUR PARENTS AREN'T DEMOCRIT so you were ABORTED or killed after you were born alive.

Real adults feel silly wishing Happy Birthday to other adults. That is kid stuff.

Being on Facebook DOES NOT mean he knows it is your birthday. He may not have his account set up to alert him of ANYTHING. In fact, I don't have mime set up to tell me if someone sends me a friend request.

For all I know, he checks Facebook once a week, or less.

Based on the attitude of your question, he probably had GOOD reason to believe you would be offended no matter what he did, or didn't do.