Can I get paid for taking care of elderly disabled father?

I am wondering who to turn to for this information. He has social security and medicare. I am living with him and caring for him. He is unable to move around by himself in terms of walking and needs help getting out of bed. I asked a family member if they knew anything about the programs that paid family members... show more I am wondering who to turn to for this information. He has social security and medicare. I am living with him and caring for him. He is unable to move around by himself in terms of walking and needs help getting out of bed. I asked a family member if they knew anything about the programs that paid family members for live in care, and she said there is, but they will likely take it out of his social security paycheck every month. If that's the case, we cant do that because he doesnt make that much.

Please let me know who to call or what programs you know of, whether its medicare, social security, or another one, that pays caregivers to take care of family members?