My daughter in law doesn’t cut my grandkid’s hair, should I cut their hair?

My 3 older grandkids are 6 and 5 year old twins and they all have very long hair. My 5 year old grandson’s hair reaches his shoulder blades and the girls’ hair is well past their waists. How my grandson doesn’t get in trouble with long hair at school, I will never know as their school’s dress code is pretty strict.... show more My 3 older grandkids are 6 and 5 year old twins and they all have very long hair. My 5 year old grandson’s hair reaches his shoulder blades and the girls’ hair is well past their waists. How my grandson doesn’t get in trouble with long hair at school, I will never know as their school’s dress code is pretty strict.
Both my daughter in law and son have long hair and I do wish my son would cut his hair but he refuses because he likes it even though it looks unprofessional. They’ve never taken the kids for a hair cut because the kids like having long hair, my daughter in law will give them a tiny trim at home every couple of months to keep the ends neat and that’s it.
I have the kids until they go back to school tomorrow, I want to go and get their hair cut so they look respectable for school tomorrow, should I do it because it’s clear their mother won’t.