car lost of power.?

when I go 60mph on my car it is equal to 45mph on a normal car.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

If you are driving your car and notice that you are losing power as you accelerate, there can only be one of two reasons for this. Either you do not have enough fuel in your vehicle or you do not have enough power.

There are many reasons why your vehicle may be losing power, especially when accelerating. Some of these common causes are:

Mechanical problems such as: Low compression, clogged fuel filter, dirty air filter, clogged Exhaust Manifold

Malfunction of sensors such as: Camshaft position sensor, MAD sensor, oxygen sensor, crankshaft sensor and all sensors relative to the FIE system.

Malfunction of actuators such as: Bad injectors, bad fuel pump, bad spark plugs

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Your wheels are too small for the car! The speedometer is connected to the transmission. So the speedometer is saying that the transmission is going 60 mph, but in reality the wheels are only going 45 in real time because they are too small for the cars specifications! ....Like Wayyyy too small!

So while everyone else is going 45 (you are too really) but your speedometer is reading 60 because they are spinning faster but going no where due to the smaller wheels.

Over sized wheels do the opposite!

• 8 months ago

Mas airflow sensor, injector, clogged fuel pump..

• 8 months ago

If your car can go 60 mph using the same power as a normal car needs to go 45 MPH, you should CELEBRATE.

If you mean something else, you should have a conversation with someone that knows accurate terms.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

"when I go 60mph on my car it is equal to 45mph on a normal car."

60 MPH is a specific speed. All vehicles travelling at exactly 60 MPH will be going the same speed.

You cannot have 2 vehicles travelling at the same speed when one is doing 15 MPH less than the other...

• Bill
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What does that mean? When a normal car is going 45, you can step on the gas and go much faster. Is the speedometer showing the wrong speed? Perhaps you accidentally set it to kilometers per hour, or replaced the wheels with a different size.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It might just need tuning.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Maybe spark plugs, spark plug wires, or compression problem, or an air input, dirty air filter or damaged hoses

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.