Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

I adopted a kitten, with broken front paws, will his paws ever heal?

Warning, do not read if you are faint hearted, or get emotional easily.

I been looking at cats and kittens at a shelter that takes care of animals, stray, feral, abandon, and abused. I couldn't help but pick up a cute kitten but it started crying loudly when i did. A lady rushed over to tell me to be very careful, the kittens i was looking at were stuffed into a plastic bag and found under a highway bridge, most likely they were tossed out of a moving car. The four kittens there all had broken bones, I was sadly told there were three others and the mother who didnt survive. I felt bad and just couldn't put the kitten down, I didn't think about the others which I do regret, but I went ahead and signed the papers for the one I had. This kitten has both his front paws broken and a shattered rib, he literally cannot walk and can't lay down on his right side without suffering and cries, which is hurtful considering he doesn't know why it hurts and is too young to learn not to lie on its right side. I can't get myself to even take a picture of him, his face looks normal at first glance but i realized his eyes and nose are bruised and is missing some teeth.

So if anyone knows about adopting abused animals, especially kittens in this case, please give me as much advice you can give.

Thank you for your time.

• Ocimom

This is something you will need to discuss with your vet on the best course of action. Kittens can heal better then adult so that is a plus sign. BUT it will likely be pretty expensive right now. Possible surgery is needed as well as intensive care.

IF you are willing, have the time and the money to take care of this kitten, knowing it may never be 100% fully recoverable and are willing to deal with any medical issues, then good luck to you and the kitten. It will be a challenge, it won't be easy.

You need to take him to the vet & help him patiently everyday until he gets better

Depends on the severity of it, take it to a vet to get a better word on him, poor thing.

By the sound of it, you got the thing at a no-kill shelter, my main question is why would you adopted a kitten with broken bones?

No offense to anyone who owns injured animals, but seriously what's wrong with a healthy kitten from a pet store?

And to all the haters, it's obvious you escaped an insane asylum, no one can be that heartless.

Source(s): NKLA pet adoption center, California.

Laughable that dumbass teenage trolls think they can fool grownups with lame stories.

I think you're full of crap. Why else would you cowardly hide behind this anonymous post?

No shelter would EVER adopt out kittens in this condition. You're a sick #*(@ to have made this up. GET HELP.

This can’t possibly be true. The shelter would never put injured animals up for adoption.

• PAMELA

You get it to a vet!!!!

• Jack H

No rescue centre will ever adopt out a seriously damaged pet, you're lying...

I have never heard of a licensed shelter releasing an animal who had broken bones. I would take this baby back to the shelter and tell them you cannot take care of the kitten properly because you do not know how to/