After having my manual shift truck worked on at a garage, the guy grinded the gears when backing it out, what damage maybe did?

I hate having mechanics pull my truck in and out of their garage (but they say they have to for insurance reasons?) as they always do things like this? or pull the parking brake out really hard when it barely works and then has a hard time going back down , etc but the main thing I noticed is that many don't... show more I hate having mechanics pull my truck in and out of their garage (but they say they have to for insurance reasons?) as they always do things like this? or pull the parking brake out really hard when it barely works and then has a hard time going back down , etc

but the main thing I noticed is that many don't seem to know how to drive a manual shift? what damage maybe did? I mean it just made a grinding noise for a second or two, but I was like AHHHHH! when he did that and he just smiled or smirked at me.