Why do Jehovah's Witnesses believe they're Christians even though they actually AREN'T?

You guys don't even teach the real bible so I'm lost? How do you call yourselves "real" Christians?

Anyone can call themselves Christians. The real Christians actually do what Jesus says not just call themselves his followers.

Luke 6:46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?"

• daylily61

You just gotta have the last word, don't you, Brian? According to you, what-form did-I-say that-hell-exists-in???

First we have to accept what it means to be a christian. It mean to be a follower of Christ and to accept his teaching. Jehovah’s Witnesses follow Jesus’s and a obey his command to go out and teach about the good news regarding God’s Kingdom with Jesus Christ as ruler.

New World Translation

Matthew 28:18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

New World Translation

Matthew 24:14

14And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Look around and ask yourself which religious group follows this command other than Jehovah’s witnesses. The facts shows that they are true christians.

• It doesn't matter what men may say, God and his Son, Christ Jesus, call us Christians and that's what matters.

If you are part of a religion it should be because you believe it to be True , so your question is nonsense.

There is nothing wrong with supporting what you believe to be True!

Cult members don't realize that they are in a cult.

because they thought believing in God alone is enough to save them, sadly they don't believe that Jesus Christ is God

I think they believe it because they believe that they have the hallmarks of true Christianity. But can you point me to which Bible is the real Bible? Sounds like that is the Bible to read.

• Michael

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe in Jesus? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014325#h=1:0-68:0

All religions are cults and each cult gets to make its own rules. They are just another christian cult.

• Michael

Cults​—What Are They? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1994120?q=CULTs&p=par

• Otto

Because Jehovah's Witnesses have the marks of true Christians.

Do you know a another religion who has these marks ?

Source(s): Bible & JW.org : How can you find the True Religion ?
    • aha9 months agoReport

Lmfaooo you aint a Christian Jesus said all our prayers come to HIM first and he goes to father for answers nothing comes to God without Jesus knowing

• BJ

Just to let you know, every time some of you make negative comments, or questions, all you do is convince me that I have the truth pertaining to God's Word.

• aha9 months agoReport

Lmfaooooo u guys dont even believe in Jesus if u did ud realize Jesus is God's SON smh