EUROO SPEAKERS TO SAMSUNG TV?

Trying to connect old 32" Samsung TV to a EURO Speaker. guy from the electronics store told me to do ( see image ) either that or i misunderstood him. so i bought two audio cables and tried the one in the illustration. it didn't work. couldn't hear anything. isn't it supposed to be just one audio cable connected to AUX ? tried that still didn't work. can i use any other connections ? i just need AUDIO from TV to come out of the speakers.

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

of course you don't get any sound. Those are inputs on the TV, not outputs. I know... the whole input vs. output thing is confusing you younger people. But an input to an input doesn't work. You need an OUTPUT on the TV to go to your "Euroo Speakers" . Most modern TVs don't have audio outputs,

• ...Show all comments
    • Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

https://www.canford.co.uk/Products/20-1903_MUXLAB-500087-DIGITAL-AUDIO-CONVERTER-S-PDif-RCA-Toslink-in-S-PDif-RCA-and-Toslink-digital-out

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

You need to learn the difference between inputs and outputs.

• Peter8 months agoReport

First off i need to learn to ask which i did. because i am unfamiliar with audio systems.
      jerk.

• 9 months ago

I knew of an old TV that could utilize external speakers, but it was necessary to move a physical switch on the back of the TV to divert the output. There were places for the speaker cables, and there may have been a minimum impedance printed beside the outputs.

I think the switch would slide from one position to the other, but it was years ago.

• 9 months ago

It doesn't work because those jacks aren't outputs.

They are INputs.

Reading the Owner's Manual might help you figure this stuff out.

• Peter9 months agoReport

Thanks. its an old TV that i wanted to increase its sound quality a bit. but i dont have the manual nor the model number of this TV. its paint brittle throughout the years because of heat. took all the labels.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I will add this photo for EDIT

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.