Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 2 months ago

Do the Americans who work in law enforcement and military support stricter gun control?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What do you mean by “gun control”?

Nearly all LEOs I know think we need to take the guns out of the hands of criminals but not prevent law abiding citizens from keeping and bearing arms

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The answer depends on how the police officers see the public. Some see the citizens of this nation as the enemy and as such support stricter gun control. Those who feel they are to protect the public support the second amendment.

As for the military, some 80% of them come from rural communities and are in the military "To protect the Constitution of the United States from enemies with in and with out …." (oath of service) and as such see those who are attempting to limit gun rights as "an enemy with it".

In military "war colleges" the scenario of the elected government violating the bill of rights is a regular problem. I leave you to guess what that means.

• 2 months ago

It all depends on the person.. WHat most support is actually ENFORCING ALL LAWS which INCLUDES IMMIGRATION Laws.

• 2 months ago

Nearly everyone in law enforcement does. I'm not sure about the military.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

depends on the person, everyone is different

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Turns out... Like with the rest of the nation, police opinions on gun control are mixed and nuanced.

https://www.npr.org/2015/10/09/446866939/gun-debat...

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the larger cities, most officer do . Where I live, a lot of problem people are arrested for unlawful possession. In some states, these guys would be given a pass allowed to commit armed assault

• 2 months ago

Some do, some do not.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I find that American who live in urban areas generally do support stricter gun control, while Americans who live in rural areas don't want the government to touch their rights to own guns.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nope, not at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.