Can I be taken to court for not paying all the money on a car that I have not signed for but have put money down on?..?

I was in the process of buying a car for $6,500 from a guy. I told him through FB/Text I d buy the car. I drove 2 hours away. Test drove the car. Verbally agreed to buy. Chose to do a digital transaction ,Apple Pay. After sending $2,500 we spoke in the car, and I checked the paper work. NO TITLE. I asked about the... show more I was in the process of buying a car for $6,500 from a guy. I told him through FB/Text I d buy the car. I drove 2 hours away. Test drove the car. Verbally agreed to buy. Chose to do a digital transaction ,Apple Pay. After sending $2,500 we spoke in the car, and I checked the paper work. NO TITLE. I asked about the title, he said it was an insurance write off, I d have to apply for one. I then decided not to buy car. He refused to return my $2,500. I did not sign any papers. He said he s going to take me to court. Is that possible? & Would I be able to get my money back if I took him to court?