Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

I have made no friends at uni yet, and feel lonely everyday :/?

I just started uni two weeks ago, and am eighteen years old. I live off campus, and did not attend my Frosh week. As a result, I have no new friends. I sometimes hang out with my high school friends and talk to some people in seminars, but sit alone in lectures and have nobody to hang out with outside of class. I have joined one club and plan on joining a sports intramural. I am also a little shy (before I know someone well). Any advice please?

me too im shy, i joined clubs and made it a goal to meet one person to talk to in each club. Im also taking harder classes this semester so i plan on meeting new people to form a study group. It takes time to meet new people and get adjusted in college. but you will feel better and more confident over the years dont worry to much. i also made close friends by working for the school. like a kitchen/cafe job is perfect because there is many workers there and i found it to be super fun.

Maybe you can look around and see if anyone else seems alone. Then go up to them and start a conversation about the weather, the class, or say you love their shoes, shirt, jewelry. Next thing you know, you might have a best friend.

Despite the fact that conversing with individuals and hearing other understudies' encounters won't quickly stop you feeling desolate or on edge or discouraged, it can assist you with feeling less segregated and alone in your circumstance. Remember that the photos and recordings posted via web-based networking media are just the features of people groups lives and that most of them are not having an astonishing day consistently. You shouldn't feel strain to carry on with an actual existence where you are continually accomplishing something and spending time with somebody. It is alright to invest some energy with yourself and it is likewise alright to have days where you don't feel alright. We put weight on ourselves to feel cheerful constantly and afterward feel regretful and upset when we don't, and that is unreasonable.

Feeling desolate at college is exceptionally normal, and it ought to be spoken about more frequently. Maybe then understudies would not feel so lost with regards to discovering help. Conceding that you are forlorn is hard, yet conversing with somebody is an incredible method to begin making associations and companionships just as inclination helped by the information that you are not the only one.

• Lili

Terrible writing.

I've never felt lonely. It seems all my life I have had the Lord Jesus Christ in my life. It is written that the Lord will never leave me or forsake me. If you know Jesus, ask Him to bring someone into your life. Someone can come into your life, but if that person is wrong for you, then you are in trouble. In universities the ungodly are all around.

Choose wisely who you let into your life.

ohh no baby. we all are with you,. you can mail me . i will chat with you. i will share my feelings with you.

I was lonely more because I was limited by social anxiety. I found the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that changed because first the missionaries, who are the same age, came over often and then they introduced me to other young people and they had activities and dances near the campus. I always had people to do things with because they were open and accepting. It really helped me with anxiety a lot. It seems like their missionaries who are 18 or slightly older always are assigned to a uni area. I did not join but they were the nicest people I could find anywhere.

I've been there and know how you feel but believe me you will make friends. I'm assuming school just started so just give it some time and eventually you'll start meeting people from your classes that you can click with and they'll eventually become your friends. You got this!

maybe you could try joining more clubs and see what happens

What helped me was to get a bit ahead on the studying, always a couple of chapters ahead so i know everything in class. People will come to you first for help, once you know them you can chill with them. It helps with uni aswell

i would just join clubs and see what happens