How to cope with taking hours to get ready and be on time?

So for the past 2 and a half years I have been taking hours to get ready. This has gotten better and worse but recently it has become worse. On average now it takes about 3 to 4 hours. I need to do this every day whenever I go out of the house (even for a walk or to get groceries). I understand this is unhealthy but dont wanna stop it because it does bring me happiness once the routine is over. Some mornings I have trouble with sleeping in and will be late for something even if i have an hour or two until i haveto leave. Any advice on how to make the routine easier and faster? Not sleeping in? To stop being so hard on myself??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Best answer

You are a female aren't you? I knew a woman who used to do the exact same thing, she used to spend hours doing her face and hair in the morning, and would sometimes cry over it. You are experiencing the spotlight effect, if your hair is not perfect, you think that people will judge you, or your makeup or clothing. You need to remember that there are billions of people in the world, and people really don't care about you. You are experiencing a psychological disaster, and you need to help yourself. You need to accept the ultimatum. Even if the whole world sees you as ugly, you must accept this and be able to forgive yourself. If you are able to not care what anyone thinks under ANY circumstances, you will learn to accept yourself for who you really are, which is definitely not as bad as you think you are. In your mind you might feel ugly, but its just not true. IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are taking things TOO FAR!!

How old are you?

I'd like to see you when you first get out of bed.

Maybe a visit to a psychologist, and have a chat.

• 2 months ago

Why don't you limit your time for stuff this way.

Set a timer:

Shower and teeth brushing: 15 mins max

Moisturizing and dressing including hairdo: 15 mins max.

Makeup days: 15 mins max.

Eating: Take your food with you and have it on public transport. Or 10 mins at home.

Commute: If it takes you 45 mins to get to work, leave home with 20 mins extra time earlier in between shift start.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You need to start therapy. Good luck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well I think cope is a very strong word for your situation. I would say mothers in certain countries are coping with watching their children starve or die of common treatable diseases. Anyways I'm pretty sure your trolling but someone that took along time in the morning should do more before they went to bed like picking out your clothes and stuff. Also having multiple alarms help. Like those old school bell alarm clocks. That's what I do

Source(s): Don't take my advice. Start shock therapy asap
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy yourself a kitchen timer (the kind that counts down and buzzes after the number of minutes you set has elapsed).

Before you start a certain task, set the timer to 5 minutes. Begin your task. When the timer buzzes, you re DONE.

Time to move onto the next task. Do this repeatedly. You ll find that within the 5-10 minutes you set on the timer, you will start to work more efficiently; you ll daydream less. Remind yourself repeatedly how much time you have left for the given task so that you don t go off daydreaming again.

Good luck. Please do try to change this habit... it s excessive, and anything excessive is not good.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i’ll be straightforward with you: see a psychologist asap

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.