Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 months ago

Wouldn’t you say that’s an overreaction?

My wife threatens to leave me if I don’t stop smoking. I was smoking since I was 14. God knows she knew i was smoking when we met and when we married. It’s not like I started smoking yesterday.

A non smoker kissing a smoker is like licking the ashtray. The foulness never leaves. Not to mention expense and cancer.

Nicotine gum and a little will power is what will save your marriage. Small price to pay.

• Tara

She may have become aware of what smoke can do to your health.

If she is now scared and worried about it .. it's an over-reaction for divorce … maybe a reconsideration and negotiable.

How DARE she not want you to die a long and painful death from cancer.

• hi

I understand your point .. It's not like you started this bad habit after marriage . Now , why does she want you to quit ? Because she cares about your health? If so , that proves that she is concerned about your well being.

It's another example of marrying someone with a plan to change that person. Never works (to my knowledge).

No, she's probably fed up with the stench.

• Trish

I smoke and I know and cant deny its best to stop...im thinking you know it too. Smoking is a deal breaker and every smoker knows that too. The best thing you can do is save your marriage by not smoking unless she really has some other reason and isnt telling you but I think smoking is more than enough. I should know.

No, I would describe that as finally being fed up after all these years hoping you would finally grow a pair and stop smoking.

• Paul

Do you admit that you are endangering your own life and her health by doing so? If so, don't you feel a responsibility to stop?

Cigars were properly used by President Bill Clinton . Monica is doing well these days so it must of worked .