Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 months ago

Wouldn’t you say that’s an overreaction?

My wife threatens to leave me if I don’t stop smoking. I was smoking since I was 14. God knows she knew i was smoking when we met and when we married. It’s not like I started smoking yesterday.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

A non smoker kissing a smoker is like licking the ashtray. The foulness never leaves. Not to mention expense and cancer.

Nicotine gum and a little will power is what will save your marriage. Small price to pay.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tara
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

She may have become aware of what smoke can do to your health.

If she is now scared and worried about it .. it's an over-reaction for divorce … maybe a reconsideration and negotiable.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

How DARE she not want you to die a long and painful death from cancer.

• hi
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

I understand your point .. It's not like you started this bad habit after marriage . Now , why does she want you to quit ? Because she cares about your health? If so , that proves that she is concerned about your well being.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

It's another example of marrying someone with a plan to change that person. Never works (to my knowledge).

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No, she's probably fed up with the stench.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

I smoke and I know and cant deny its best to stop...im thinking you know it too. Smoking is a deal breaker and every smoker knows that too. The best thing you can do is save your marriage by not smoking unless she really has some other reason and isnt telling you but I think smoking is more than enough. I should know.

• 9 months ago

No, I would describe that as finally being fed up after all these years hoping you would finally grow a pair and stop smoking.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Do you admit that you are endangering your own life and her health by doing so? If so, don't you feel a responsibility to stop?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Cigars were properly used by President Bill Clinton . Monica is doing well these days so it must of worked .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.