Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 months ago

Can I carry a knife around on an Army base? I just want a 5 inch knife for self defense and cutting items open. Can I walk into the DFAC etc?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Depends upon the base commander. Each commander can set the rules for his base. I doubt he will allow it for general carry.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

i don't see why not as long as u tell them that u have it

• 9 months ago

A five inch blade will get you in trouble and you won't need it for self-defense on any post or base. Crime is very low there on any installation and all have strict rules about individuals carrying weapons like what you are suggesting. Carrying a leatherman on your belt or a pocket knife in your pocket is about the only thing they would allow or see as legal for you to carry. A five inch knife is even illegal in a lot of states really.

Also do you have an ID card and are you authorized to be on base? If not then forget just showing up and telling them you want to walk around. You could maybe get on as a guest of someone but nobody is going to knowingly vouch for you if they know you are carrying a five inch knife because then they are in trouble also. Individuals who have access are held responsible for the actions and behavior of their guests unlike what you see and have in the civilian world.

• 9 months ago

You won't pass the minimal mental tests.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You can carry a pocketknife or a leatherman.

Leave your Rambo knives at home.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

NO! NO! AND NO!

• 9 months ago

NO ONE that would ask her can walk around a military base WITHOUT a knife. They don't let just anyone on base.

• 9 months ago

you can carry a ;pocket knife

you cannot carry a fixed blade knife

• 9 months ago

If you wander about on a US military base carrying a large knife that is visible then expect to be detained by force protection.

If you are on a base somewhere like Afghanistan or Iraq they won't bother you.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

It can’t be over a certain size but don’t off the top of my head remember how big

• RICK
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

No fixed blade knives slowed
      Must be a folding knife with a blade under 3"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.