Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Which religions make the claim of being the one true religion?

48 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

All of them, and all of them are doing nothing but lying to CYA and over and making up new claims (lies) each day to keep their con game alive.

• Denise2 months agoReport

Ephesian 4:5 One faith One Lord and One baptism Jehovah is the true god Jesus is his son. And One faith Believing in Jehovah

• 2 months ago

Christianity Protestant

• 2 months ago

all of them. I don't play favorites because they are all equally full of **** making outrageous claims with no proof or evidence to back it up.

• 2 months ago

That is for you to decide.

I believe the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses hold the truth about Jehovah, Jesus and the kingdom.

• sylvia2 months agoReport

JW's are the only ones that follow the bible and go door to door just as Jesus instructed early Christians to do so.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Christianity duh

• 2 months ago

All of them. Otherwise people would not believe in them.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They all do. But only one of them had a founder Who plainly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do. And that Church is the original and true Christian Church.

• Otto
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Jesus started one true Christian religion. So today there must be just one group, of true worshipers of Jehovah God. The Bible teaches that only a few people are on the narrow road to life. -Matthew 7:13,14.

• 2 months ago

All of them. But, don't just take my word for it - ask them yourself.

They can't all be right, and it's very possible that none of them are right.

• 2 months ago

I read this claim from one religious group, in their literature. It stated:

"However, we cannot be part of God's organization and, at the same time, be part of false religion... So God commands: 'Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves.' - 2 Cor 6:14-17.

"What does it mean to 'get out from among them'? Well, we could not be obeying that command by remaining a part of, or giving support to, a religious organization other than the one Jehovah God is using. So if any of us still belong to such a religious organization, we need to serve notice that we are withdrawing from it."

No prizes for guessing which religion that is. The clue is in the text. But I also read these claims from another religion:

In 1302 Boniface VIII declared in the bull 'Unam Sanctam' that this church has "one head, Christ and his vicar Peter and the successor of Peter... For all men, it is absolutely necessary for salvation to submit to the Roman Pontiff. This we declare, affirm and proclaim." (DS 872; D 469) Notice how the one head of the church, Christ, has to share this role with "the successor of Peter" - the Pope? And that there can be no salvation for anyone who does not submit to the Roman Pontiff? That was followed by Pope Clement VI (pope from May 7, 1342, to December 6, 1352): "No man outside obedience to the Pope of Rome can ultimately be saved. All who have raised themselves against the faith of the Roman Church, and died in final impenitence have been damned, and gone down to Hell." (Source: Pope Clement VI, "Super Quibusdam," as cited in "Apostolic Digest, Book V: The Book of Obedience") Notice the progression from not obeying the pope to being against the Roman church, to impenitence and damnation?

If that isn't blasphemy, what is? And it's no different to the claims of the first religion I mentioned, because total obedience to their tiny group of leaders is said to be necessary for salvation. There are many more that could be mentioned but it's not worth spending time on because Jesus said we just need to come to Him, for His burden is light and His yolk is easy, unlike all those blasphemous groups who put heavy burdens on their members and who have a chaffing yolk that seems to be padlocked.

Source(s): "Paradise" book chapter 23 "God's Visible Organization"
    • norine2 months agoReport

or you believed He lied when He said "one baptism" (Eph 4:5) and had us "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for Him and told us which "one" in Acts 1:5.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All of them, I'm sure.

Source(s): Jesus follower
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.