Has Yahoo stopped the Recaptcha?

I have not had to click each square with a car or crosswalk for days.

Favorite Answer

Yes, they have stopped using it two weeks ago. You can see that Googe has removed it Terms of Service on the bottom right-hand panel.

• .

It's been turned off for over a week now. Notice at the bottom right of your screen there used to be verbiage about the site being protected by reCaptcha and Google policy applied...that's gone too.

A number of questions were posted about this, when the reCaptcha was turned off. That's why there is a search bar at the upper portion of the page...so users can search and see if their question has already been asked/answered, before posting.

I think they removed it because it ruins the site.

It looks that way thank goodness.

I sure hope so that they stopped it. they should also stop people from opening tons of accounts so that they can report you for no reason at all

• Daniel

Yes it has been Discontinued or for now anyways a lot of people Complained about It so Yahoo Decided to take it out

Yes, it was a totally useless feature and did NOTHING to stop the trolling here. .....while usership was probably TANKING because of it.

Hey...you're right. I never noticed until I read your question. YA! has a really poor IT department. They have no clue how to roll on or roll off new or old products from their information systems. They just do it without warning or explanation.

Which leads people like you to ask questions like you did.

• .

It's always been that way, even before Verizon owned the company (no warning of changes, maintenance shut downs, etc).

For now, but if the bots attack the site again, they will probably be now.

It's just fifteen characters, now.

• Nunya

Finally. It's not like our answers are taken as scripture. I found it odd that we needed that garbage. As if trolls couldn't just do them and still be offensive.