What do you think of a used 1990 Jaguar XJ6 in terms of reliability?

I'm getting ready to purchase one used. It has a straight six engine. I stated it up from a used car dealership and it runs okay. The only thing that seemed really wrong with it was it had a bad battery and the guy at the dealership had to hotshot it, outside of slight cosmetic wear, primarily in needing a... show more I'm getting ready to purchase one used. It has a straight six engine. I stated it up from a used car dealership and it runs okay. The only thing that seemed really wrong with it was it had a bad battery and the guy at the dealership had to hotshot it, outside of slight cosmetic wear, primarily in needing a paint job. Also, I heard the engine knocking some when i started it, which it started up fine and right away. Not sure if the knocking is associated with engine wear or if that's just how a straight six engine is more inclined to sound like.