Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 8 months ago

Have you ever worked for a company that changed CEO's and the new CEO was much worse than the CEO that the Board fired?

Yes I have worked several companies like that. Have you ever worked?

I worked for a company that picked a bad CEO after a good one retired.

It happens. If you have been a top Executive at a Company for years you're bound to make 1 bad decision. For some CEO's it costs them their job and then the board makes even a worse decision. When I first started my career I came at a time when that the last CEO was out because he signed in a bad joint operating agreement with a company that was staffing about 30% of the company itself. He had been there for 18 years and turned a start up into the most profitable private employer in the State of Arkansas. He was a great CEO who made one bad call. His replacement was over operations at a larger company about 2 hours up the road, and came in with the same ambitions at the company he was at and blew nearly 300 million in unprofitable capital investments in a poor rural market

Or, changed companies when the contract was rebid, and the new CEO is the same guy as the old one? Like when DCS lost the WINCO contract to Comeland, Inc,?