Is it normal my 21 year old son comes home late all ths time?

I'm currently having problems with my 21 year old son coming home late everyday. He comes home anytime between 8 30pm - 10pm when he's been out with friends, or has been travelling. A lot of close people are saying this behaviour isn't normal and that i should take a stance against this. They are asking... show more I'm currently having problems with my 21 year old son coming home late everyday. He comes home anytime between 8 30pm - 10pm when he's been out with friends, or has been travelling. A lot of close people are saying this behaviour isn't normal and that i should take a stance against this. They are asking what on earth he's doing out for more than 12 hours each day. I too wonder this and think it's not normal. I feel my son is taking the mickey and being disrespectful by doing this.
I am finding it difficult to enforce a rule or curfew as my son will just rebel. We are having problems with him lying to us. He claims it's so he can have freedom, but some people think he does it to hurt us.
What do you guys think of what I've just said?
27 answers 27