How can I be friends with this woman?

I’m a 21 year old guy. Recently, I became friends with a customer of mine at the store I work at. She is a 48 year old woman, divorced and has kids my age. Very nice, cool person. We discovered we had a friend in common on social media and added each other. She wants to hang out. Here’s the problem. So, I just bought a brand new 35 k car. Problem is, one of my friends smokes. I’m afraid if I hang out with her, and she lights a cigarette around me. The smell on my clothes will leave a smell in my car. What should I do? I can’t be rude and say “don’t smoke around me” you know? Or If I give her a ride. She wouldn’t smoke in my car, but I’m worried about the smell the smoke leaves behind. I keep delaying hanging out because I’m worried for my car. Which I worked years and years to get. My dream car.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s nor rude. Tell her, trust me. If she’s really a good friend she wont

• 3 months ago

Its is very different problam accurately when you are close with her then it is fine with her try to tell truth

• 3 months ago

Grow a pair and tell her no smoking in the car.

• 3 months ago

As with any concern, you need to make sure it's communicated nicely. Just tell her as it is: you prefer that she does not smoke around you because you are concerned about the smell. It's a reasonable request and if she's respectful, she will honor it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

She cannot be the only person around you who smokes

It is most unlikely to affect your car. But....do not worship that car!

• 3 months ago

You are an adult, just be honest with her.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's not rude to ask someone to not smoke inside your car. Grow a spine. If you're old enough to drive you're old enough to say what tens of millions of people all around the globe say to others on a daily basis...that being "Please don't smoke in my car".

• 3 months ago

Better be up front and tell her you do not want the smell of smoke in your car. I'm sure she will be glad to cooperate.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You don't have to be.

• 3 months ago

Just tell her “hey, I have a condition and can’t breathe Smoke in.”

• lazurm2 months agoReport

What's wrong with the truth?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.