How can I be friends with this woman?

I’m a 21 year old guy. Recently, I became friends with a customer of mine at the store I work at. She is a 48 year old woman, divorced and has kids my age. Very nice, cool person. We discovered we had a friend in common on social media and added each other. She wants to hang out. Here’s the problem. So, I just bought a brand new 35 k car. Problem is, one of my friends smokes. I’m afraid if I hang out with her, and she lights a cigarette around me. The smell on my clothes will leave a smell in my car. What should I do? I can’t be rude and say “don’t smoke around me” you know? Or If I give her a ride. She wouldn’t smoke in my car, but I’m worried about the smell the smoke leaves behind. I keep delaying hanging out because I’m worried for my car. Which I worked years and years to get. My dream car.

Favorite Answer

It’s nor rude. Tell her, trust me. If she’s really a good friend she wont

Its is very different problam accurately when you are close with her then it is fine with her try to tell truth

Grow a pair and tell her no smoking in the car.

As with any concern, you need to make sure it's communicated nicely. Just tell her as it is: you prefer that she does not smoke around you because you are concerned about the smell. It's a reasonable request and if she's respectful, she will honor it.

• Alan H

She cannot be the only person around you who smokes

It is most unlikely to affect your car. But....do not worship that car!

You are an adult, just be honest with her.

It's not rude to ask someone to not smoke inside your car. Grow a spine. If you're old enough to drive you're old enough to say what tens of millions of people all around the globe say to others on a daily basis...that being "Please don't smoke in my car".

Better be up front and tell her you do not want the smell of smoke in your car. I'm sure she will be glad to cooperate.

You don't have to be.

Just tell her “hey, I have a condition and can’t breathe Smoke in.”

• lazurm2 months agoReport

What's wrong with the truth?