What are some gift ideas and what is the gifting protocol for bridal shower, bachelorette party, and actual wedding?

Everyone I’ve asked and everything I’ve read online completely differs in opinion, and I trust people hiding behind their keyboards on a site like this to be more honest than blogs or online magazines. Do I bring a gift to the bachelorette, or is that just more of a “girls gone (mildly) wild” situation? What... show more Everyone I’ve asked and everything I’ve read online completely differs in opinion, and I trust people hiding behind their keyboards on a site like this to be more honest than blogs or online magazines.

Do I bring a gift to the bachelorette, or is that just more of a “girls gone (mildly) wild” situation?

What kinds of gifts are appropriate for the bridal shower? I keep reading things like dishes, towels, etc. but isn’t that the kind of thing you gift for the actual wedding?