rk asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 9 months ago

How do I repair drilled holes and make the area strong enough to hold up blinds?

I was drilling holes in the top of the window area so that I can hang blinds.

Come to find out the holes didn't quite line up with the blinds brace that I'm trying to hang.

How do I fix/repair the holes and make the area strong enough that I can drill new holes to hang the blinds?

I'm concerned that the hole area won't be strong enough to hold up the blinds when I repair it.

Thanks in advance.

durham powder putty.. ( hard as rock it says on the front)

get a plastic medical syringe,cut the tip so a sixteenth inch hole is opened

squirt some putty w water into the drilled holes,,let dry then sand,it should be good to go

i mounted a piece of 1x4 to the top of the window area and my blinds hang from that. you could also just get much longer screws at the hardware -- windows have about 1/2 inch of sheetrock covering a solid wood header -- long enough screw gets into the wood of the header.

Source(s): grampa

Fill the holes with spackle, and when it is dry, put masking tape on the area so you can draw the exact spot to make new holes. That way you do not have pencil marks all over the walls. When you have the right spot, drill a hole very slightly smaller than the screw.

• Tommymc

Spackle has no strength. Use a wooden matchstick or dowel dipped in glue to fill the hole.

• Dze

just fill the holes with spackle ,sand it smooth and start over with longer screws ..theres probably a 2x4 'header' over the window so plenty to hold to as long as the screws will reach far enough .. if your going close to the old holes just go slow and guide the drill carefullly so it doesnt try to follow the old path .