James asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 months ago

Second Referendum, is this the only way to break the deadlock in Parliament?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Will.
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

No. A second referendum might be a failure. What happens if the same result happens, or the same result the other way. There would be no favourable outcome, and the bickering goes on and on and on.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Betty
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No,it's the worst way....Why should there be a second referendum????...just to please the whinging remainers !!!!

• 9 months ago

It would be dubtful. Even anti-Brexit will win the second referendum, the brexit parties will fight and disrupt everything. Working for a settlement in the parliament would be the best resolution.

• 9 months ago

The problem we have with referendums, is that the UK doesn't adhere to the principle of Government by Referendum.

We adhere to the principle of Government by an elected Parliament. Therefore referendums are only advisory and can't be use to govern the UK by. But some Tory politicians are doing their level best, in trying to BEND the rules to bring about an outcome that's detrimental to the welfare of the UK as a whole.On the basis of Government by Referendum which is a form of government that the UK doesn't adhere to and is not legally binding in the UK.

Why they want to do that, in the face of a parliament that has shown its unwillingness to cooperate on a no deal,seems to be very vague and a need for further investigation as to why, other that the standard bollocks of "taking back control" needs more scrutiny.

Second referendum yes but, one that states: As a principle.That a simply majority is unacceptable and that a qualifying majority is required for a referendum tobe legally binding.

That means a qualifying majority of 70% from the electorate is need to carry the vote. If this principle isn't meet, then any referendum result, should be rejected.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

• James9 months agoReport

A nation that rejects God will be left in confusion.
      Deuteronomy 28.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Either that or a deal, a general election won't solve it.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No, a general election would do it. A remain mp of a leave constituency would be voted out and a new parliament would have less double dealers and self serving MPs undermining democracy.

No surprise that labour are dead set against it as so many of their MPs are the ones acting against their constituents wishes.

• 9 months ago

seems the only way other than a civil war to get things sorted out. or people should vote liberal at the next general election

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I suppose the Prime Minister might pull off a deal before the 18th of October but it’s a long shot

• David
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Of course not because the result could be the same as last time but with an even a bigger majority.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.