Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 9 months ago

Job wants me to use an air horn or whistle . I feel there is some negative things about using them am I wrong ??

I am a security guard. I deal with a lot of sleeping transients because I work in a small strip mall. They have a 21 foot rule. And since I don't have the loudest voice in the world. They have authorized use of a whistle or air horn. Blowing an horn or whistle jolting or waking somebody up out of a deep sleep. Everybody reacts differently. My concern are as following. What happens if they attempt to attack me, they have a heart condition they end up having a hear attack or stroke. I do not feel comfortable and do not want to be responsible if somebody is severely damaged or dies. Then I could be accountable for a lawsuit. If they do attack me I am unarmed. No handcuffs, no baton, no gun, no brass knuckles, I do carry pepper gel even though I'm not supposed to .

Then you find another job.

You do what they tell you or you find another job.

Get a remote control toy car/monster truck and use it to give them a gentle nudge while you stand well clear. You could even mount a small two way radio on it and tell them it's time to wake up and move along. Add some bright flashing lights as well. Or, a small drone could be used. That way if they do wake up angry you can easily fly it out of their reach.

You could probably carry a replica gun and flash it at them if they start to get real nasty.

Use an ostrich feather - they’re about 3 feet long and sold as cat toys.

Don't work as a security guard if you don't want to deal with this.