When a window a/c unit is moved; does it hurt to pick it up on a dolly and tilt it back for brief periods.?

I always heard from an a/c expert that a window a/c has to be kept level. I had to move one with an upright dolly today to move it. Did I hurt it? It is all I had to move it.

I would plug it in and turn it on. If it works, you are good to go. No reason why it shouldn't. I had a window AC that my dad bought for me in Illinois,I used it first in Indiana, then moved to Colorado and sold it to a friend who used it for several years. Never had a problem.

It should be as upright as possible while it is operating, but if you're just moving it, it's obviously not going to be operating at the time, so no problem at that point.

ANY A/C UNIT IF ITS POSITION IS MOVED INTO UP SIDE DOWN EVEN A FEW MINUTES MUST BE LET ITS COOLANT SETTLE DOWN IN LEVEL BEFORE POWER IT UP AGAIN.,WAITING PERIOD AT LEAST 4 HOURS IS THE GENERAL PRACTICE TO A/C. WITHOUT DOING THAT MIGHT CAUSE TROUBLE TO COMPRESSOR OR GENERATE LESS COLD.

• Joe

You'll want to allow time for the refrigerant, which may be mostly liquid, to drip back down into the bottom of the compressor. Any liquid that's in the compressor cylinder may wreck the compressor.

No. You didn't hurt it. The harm comes when you turn it upside down and then run it. You can turn it upside down, or on its side but if you wait overnight before turning it on, it will be ok.

That only applies when they're on and running, you can tilt them when moving them