Bus not dropping child close enough to home.. what can I do?

I’m a single Mom. Just moved to a new area. I drop my daughter off to school and pick up everyday. Thing is I work every Thursday and Friday. The bus that’s available drops her off about 3-5 blocks away. We stay in a decent area but still I’m worried. I’ve been paying my sister to pick her up but she can no longer do it. I’ve called a few daycares as well and they don’t offer. After school is too expensive. Any advice?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Is it 3 blocks or 5 blocks? You should know the exact bus stop. Three blocks isn’t that bad. Five blocks is pretty far if this is an elementary student.

Our elementary school buses make more stops than the middle or HS. buses. You can call the principal and the bus barn. But adding in a bus stop after school has started is usually difficult.

Any other student get off the bus that lives near you. See if they can walk together. Or if there is a neighbor mom that can help out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

It would have helped to know the age of the child. If she is a young child, then 3-5 blocks is definitely concerning. I suggest that you go to a trusted neighbor, perhaps with children, and see if they can do some type of trade with you. For example, they pick your child up on Thursday and Friday, and you pick up their child up on Monday and Tuesday, Or some other type of beneficial trade for both.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

3 to 5 blocks, that's like half way across the state isn't it?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

just tell your job you need to drop her off at school before you go to work

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

In our area there is a company called Kango that provided private after school transportation. Probably expensive, but could be an option if there is similar in your area.

• 9 months ago

Maybe her friends parents can drop her off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.