Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

My sleep is really bad and I need help?

I’ve been to the doctor before many times and he shrugs it off as stress but I sleep around 3-4am and wake up 7am really tired during the day then at night I won’t be able to fall asleep. I don’t know why or what’s wrong but I’m going crazy. I’ve always had issues with my sleep but then it was alright but now it’s messy. I’m busy during the day and I keep active. I try to relax before bed but my mind races and my body fidgets. I don’t know what to do. I’m getting tired and sick of it

Have you tried taking a melatonin supplement? I can have a really hard time sleeping, my mind races as well. It's hard for me to wind down after being busy all day. There's a really good melatonin supplement at Dollar Tree by Nature Garden. They are tiny chewables that not only have melatonin, but also: lavender, chamomile, and lemon balm. They help give you that extra push into sleep. I love them, and so do others in my family. I'm really so glad I tried them. They're natural and not habit forming. They're labeled as a sleep aid, and they actually taste pretty good. You get 8 in a box for $1, it definitely couldn't hurt to try!

• YeeHawGurl6 months agoReport

Unfortunately in the U.K. it’s not over the counter. The doctor has to prescribe it

• Kerri

You sound like me. I’ve always had terrible sleep patterns. Up til 3 or 4 in morning even when I had to wake up at 7 or 8. Some people really are night people and others say people. Your circadian rhythm dictates whether you are a night owl or not. Not much you can do to change that. What helps me (mostly) is good sleep hygiene..avoid caffeine after 6 pm, eat a good dinner with protein, take a hot bath a couple hours before you want to lay down, put down the cell phone or tablet before bed, set your room temp on 68, put up black out curtains, listen to white noise (I listen to rain app on a small speaker) and have a cup of sleepy time tea or take melatonin each night. Good luck.

You should try doing exercise. That way, your body gets tired and I think it will be easier for you to sleep. I hope I helped you

Rape your dog alot and blow your load on your pillow and sleep in your Kum every night for a month. Lick the Kum off of your pillow slowly with your tongue and smile and video tape it.