Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

My family hates me?

My family has always hated me. They just don't like me. They think I'm weird. I don't fit in with them. They're all crazy. I don't want to see them anymore. Every time I'm around them they look at me weird and bully me. I get a weird vibe from them.

I think to truly be happy in life you need to cut out all of the negative people that kill your vibe. However, I do understand that since the negative people in your life are your family, it can be hard to separate yourself from them. Not to mention the loneliness not having a family will make you feel, especially on the holidays. I say to make an effort to be kind to them and if they still can't accept you as a person then to build your own family out of positive friends. It might be hard to go out on your own but I think in the end you'll be happier without the constant judging from your family. Good Luck.

• GEEGEE

If you are old enough, cut down on the time spent with them. Make an appearance at holidays and special events, if then. Pick and choose what works for YOU and disregard the rest.

Sorry, but Dr. Phil doesn't answer questions here.

Hi

Join my site

I'm in the same situation as you, except they label me as the Outcasted Black Sheep of the Family which sounds worse than it does. I suggest if your older than 18, then you can move out of the house that is if you save a lot of $$ before hand. Good luck.

• Snoopy

Mine too but I love them.

Child love is always unconditional towards parents. And yes some parents can get that way then they must heal.

Children always remember the best of their parents and parents always remember the worst in us. My parents hurt me really badly these past few days so I know what you mean.

Really it's up to you. I was always lonely and still am. xx

I think just be on your own and if you do decide to be nice to them only do if you want to and not forced with the knowledge you may never receive anything in return. You can set boundaries where you are respected as it's the minimum you should get.

Also accept they are crazy and that when you date or befriend others the person should be sort of opposite to that. Basically just surround yourself with a few healthy individuals so you don't lose it either as it's easy to learn bad behaviours.

I rather suspect that you are aware that this is more your perception, and that the don't really HATE you. Even if they do, it is their hate and affects them as much as anyone as it they are the ones who have these negative feelings.

People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc.

Bullies want attention, and my general feelings are that if people allow them to get their way through fear (the ultimate emotional reaction) they are succeeding and will continue. One way to combat verbal bullying is not to ignore them completely as this shows that they are getting to you, but demonstrate that you have heard the remark or whatever with a glance, dismissive wave or brief response ("oh yes", or similar) and THEN ignore them. Why should you care what such a pathetic person thinks of you? (Only weak and needy people feel a need to bully). Alternatively, or in addition, try to use some humour (U.K. spellings!). It need not be mocking humour, but some light-hearted banter can often diffuse situations.

Put on an imaginary suit of golden armour, and visualise the unkind remarks (or those you perceive to be unkind - be very careful not to imagine a slight when none is intended) as arrows, harmlessly bouncing off your armour and falling to the ground.

If the abuse is physical, you could join a martial arts or self defence class. Or even check out some moves on Youtube. Learn to defend yourself without retaliating.

Good Luck!

just dont see them until they decide to change

Is there a question?

Whats your question?