Can i marry my third cousin? Should i propose her? We never addressed each other until now.The attached photo might help for precise view.?

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Trish
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Ultimately its up to the both of you so talk to her about it. Maybe she will say Yes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If she is your cousin from maternal side there is no risk of hereditary diseases (if any in the family being carried to 3rd generation i.e your offspring.If the relationship is from paternal side there is a risk if she is your fathers brother's daughter.If she happened to be your father's sister's daughter it is safe .

• Vijay9 months agoReport

Raja, i will definitely proceed after a genetic counseling. Thnx..Could you give any suggestions from the family customs and society prospective around you.

• 9 months ago

Its okay in terms of being cousins, since you are not first cousins. But I would be more concerned about your traditional, non-western approach to marrying someone you really don't know. Good luck,

Yes, its gonna be quite a long journey before i could decide upon marrying her. Thanx Dr. Stephanie.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes - you can legally marry your 3rd cousin. There's no law against it, because you two are not closely related by blood.

If you and your 3rd cousin are just now beginning to "address"" each other, then you need to wait several more months before you even THINK about proposing to her. You don't know her well enough yet to know if you even WANT to marry her.

Thanx Edna. Will sure wait until we both feel it's completely compatible and mutual before proceeding any further,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Well its not wrong or illegal in most countries. But should you not date and get to know your cousin a lot longer before you both plan on marrying?

Yeah of course it's gonna be quite a journey before we end up marrying. Thanx Ocimom.

• 9 months ago

Why would you marry someone you don’t even know?

• D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you are related either way. so no.

D would'nt it be so fr a stanger, if you keep digging the tree till the top? Aren't we all related as humans. Anyways, i see your point. Thanx.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

This is legal in most parts but if you plan to reproduce you'll need to undergo some genetic testing/counseling first. The consanguinity of this relationship isn't horribly perilous in terms of potential chromosomal abnormalities but it's close enough that you'd want to weed out any latent problematic traits you might both share.

• ...Show all comments

Haha lol D*, will sure proceed aftr taking care of the contingencies @Foofa. Thanx.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, it's legal...so is second cousins.

• 9 months ago

no bad idea incest

The D* Dude, i wouldn't have asked even if she was 1st degree cousin. Incest seems a tough word for this. Straight on heart. May be you r right, the society got taboo or did taboo(otherwise) ?eitherway gonna struggle.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.