Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 9 months ago

In football can a goal be scored with the shoulder?

If the ball comes off the shoulder into the goal.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • any touch of the body

except hands

the game is not hand ball

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

If it hits the ball of the shoulder and goes, the hardest point of the shoulder - then its fine.

If you use the side padding of your shoulder, i.e try to score a goal with your shoulder side on - thats its not a goal.

my answer is the best, its not an essay lol

^_^

• 9 months ago

Not sure waojodo;jojvkp'dkv ojofnvi n

• F
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I think with the new interpretation of the handball laws, I don't think so, even if it just hits you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Betty
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, you can, but you must be careful as to where you allow the ball to come into contact with your body in that area. Playing the ball on the front, back and top of the shoulder are usually not a problem. It is when you play a ball on the "outside" of the shoulder that you may have difficulties. A ball played on the outside of the shoulder might be seen as being played on the upper arm, and the arms and hands cannot be used to fairly play a ball. It will be the referee, or possibly his assistant, who will have to decide if a violation of the Laws of the Game has occurred. Note that if the arm is pressed to the body of the player, it might be easier for the official to determine that there was no intent to play the ball with the arm, and the play may be not be seen as a hand ball. But the referee will be the final authority in this issue.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Yes, Shoulder is not hand, if it comes of your shoulder, it's not handball,

• 9 months ago

Yes, You can check Ballotelli goal against Norwich City, it's clearly by his shoulder............

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

From the shoulder to the fingers is hand ball.

• 9 months ago

No it would be hand ball even if it didn't hit hand.

• 9 months ago

and if you're a diminuitive, binge drinking alcoholic from Argentina, you can score a goal by putting it into the net with your hand, due do criminally stupid referees.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.