Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 months ago

My bullies and people that were mean in my childhood and teenage years are now more successful than ill ever be?

I was bullied so much in school my self worth and esteem died. I didnt go to college because of it. Im now 34 and still live at home. I looked at my old bullies facebooks and twitters and got upset. They have families, successful jobs and tons of friends...it makes me so mad they lived and had fulfillment and i never did! It makes me wanna give up even more. Im worthless like they all said. I guess i deserved the bullying

Favorite Answer

Yup, you do/did.

You have a poor attitude and you deserved to be bullied because of it.

It's your own fault. Nobody made you a loser, but yourself.

Maybe if you stopped feeling sorry for yourself, things would get better for you

• Alan H

Sorry, but you CHOSE not to study. Now you need to take control, stop blaming the past....and do not compare with others. Be yourself

You are in the victim mentality and where you are blaming other people for your failures where you are in life has nothing to do with no one but yourself.

You didn’t deserve that at all no one does I’m sorry you was bullied all through high school . They should be ashamed of what they did . And please don’t be so harsh on yourself . You can turn your life around it’s not too late . Your only 34 you still have time to make things better . Start looking for a job boost yourself confidence start meeting new people etc and once you got a job you can get your own place . Then you can be successful too . Don’t let it upset you as it will only make you feel worse . Don’t give up you can do anything .

• GEEGEE

No one deserves to be bullied. And you have to remember, social networking is false, in the sense that people put their best faces forward. Sure they might have 159 friends (or more) but how many of them do they actually know? I'd be inclined to forget the comparisons and move forward with your own dreams and interests and move forward with positive things.

Don’t judge the future by the present. You said they will be more successful than you will “ever” be as if you have already seen your destiny. What is happening today may not be what will happen tomorrow. Things change, your life can change. Someone’s success should not discourage you. Stop comparing yourself to others. Everyone will have their time to shine. If you do not know someone personally do not envy their life because not everything that glitters is gold. A rich man may seem to have it all but have a miserable personal life. You also don’t know how people get to success. Some do it by hard work some do it by dirty deeds. Regardless, it shouldn’t bitter your heart because you should focus on your life not theirs. There is a saying that goes, if you knew how big your blessing is, you would understand why you had to go through certain things.

Don’t allow your past to still have power over your present and future. Heal from your past and stop carrying old baggage.

• Ann

Pull yourself together and stop blaming other people,. You can still go back to school and get a degree. At 34 you should be working and be living in your own place not at you parents. Look into local community colleges or night school so you can work full time and get a degree. I worked full time and went to school nights starting when I was 39. I got an associates, then a BS then an MBA. While I had 2 kids and kept a household. it can be done

noone deserves bullying, maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out

That must be very frustrating for you, but did you have a question for us or are you just venting?

No worries you don't need money to be successful, you have a good heart and God will always reward you more and be proud of you, Also you have a good heart and appreciate things which you also have, you also have the opportunity to be more successful as well. Those bullies will face their fate when are sent to God to answer their questions. So appreciate things you have also achieved. Remember be good person and don't sink to their low level, since you are genuine good person.

Don't worry about it. Even the Bible says that the evil will flourish like the green bay tree. Worry about yourself and let them worry about themselves. Stop trying to control anyone else's life but your own. Let God be your judge... and THEIR judge.