Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 9 months ago

I eat my scabs, what do I do?

For all of my life, I’ve had eczema, so I’m of course itching and scratching my skin. It leads to scabs which I pick and eat. I’m scared that it might be effecting my physical health, I know it’s taken a toll on my mental health but it’s almost like smoking nicotine, you know it’s bad for you but you just can’t stop. I’m too scared to go to my doctor and I need some advice. Thank you.

might be due to anxiety, some type of ocd.

you might have dermatillomania or excoriation disorder

• You should save them in a jar when you have enough put them on your pizza as a topping they are finger licking Good

Source(s): From the Domino's Pizza menu scab Pizza
  • Pippin

Scabs are not poisonous. They are basically just dried blood, and would no more cause harm than when you put your finger in your mouth after getting a paper-cut.

• k w

did you ever think of adding a shower filter, I got one, no more itching.......the chlorine in there, can damage hair and cause itchy skin.......

Go on a diet a long one. Like any habit taper down until it's gone.

Nothing, it's gross but it's not harmful

• Mark

Why are you too scared to go to your doctor? (That's what they are there for - the doctor might even prescribe something you haven't even thought of to control the symptoms you have.) It's not like he or she is going to give you a "pop mammogram".