When it comes to the Texas lottery games, mainly Texas Lotto Extra, is choosing the quick pick option better than choosing your own numbers?

I really seriously need to know when it comes to the Texas lottery games, mainly Texas Lotto Extra, is choosing the quick pick option better than choosing your own numbers?

Please give me details with a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That'd be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't exactly needed, but it's so very preferred.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

It doesn't matter how the numbers are picked. The odds are always the same.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

It does not matter one bit which way you pick your numbers, the odds are exactly the same. My source is math.

• 9 months ago

Again... looking for links for common sense... still aren't going to find one... unless you just search for "math probabilities" or the definition of the word "random" and there are many that might explain the concept.

The winning combination is going to be selected at random. It has the same probability of matching the specific combination you choose or another random combination the machine at the store gives you.

Why would you think there is a difference? Wouldn't it be huge news if the odds were different, and then wouldn't everyone play it that same way?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.