Sabrina asked in PetsRodents · 9 months ago

I have moved to college. I want to bring my guinea pig. Unfortunately, the only way is on a plane. Will being on a plane hurt her?

There is no issue just please use aired cage and put some foods and they will no problem don't worry.

Is it even legal to take livestock on a plane with you though? Check with the airline first or they could confiscate and euthanise your pet, no questions asked!

• patty

no if u have her with you.

I remember smuggling my guinea pig on a plane; in a straw purse I think it was. A box will do if the air can get in.

Just don’t bring to California or they will have it put to death. They are trying to get my Gerbil

Smuggle the guinea pig up your bum.

It won't hurt her, but will be stressful until settled in her new home.

Now many college dorms have restrictions or provisions keeping pets, just be sure you can keep her before any move is made and know pet rules.

In a cabin carrier, your piggy should be just fine.

• *****

If she can travel in-cabin with you, she will be fine. However, make sure you check with the airline, most do not allow transport of rodents.

• Nathan

Small animals are prone to high levels of stress and often it can cause death. Taking her on a plane is not at all okay (especially without another she is bonded with) and it'd be cruel to force her to go through that. Along with the constant moving and extremely loud noises she will have to get used to new smells surroundings and a new environment. As guinea pigs need at least 6 square feet of room living in a college with you would not be ideal eother. I suggest rehoming her to a shelter or someone that has had multiple guinea pigs and already has at least one so she can be bonded with it.

• zeno

It might make it nervous or fidgety but it should

Be ok.