I'm on retirement but I want to work again. Any advise?

I hear people say I look good for my age. I ride my bike most of the time.

Update:

Well, my experience was assembly and delivery by personal vehicle even it long time ago. I enjoyed it.

Update 2:

Selling and buying things is not my strong skills.

Update 3:

I'm always on my feet during working hours.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Go for it. I worked part time jobs at Walmart, McDonalds and did janitorial work until I started having health problems a 72.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Looking good for your age and being able to ride your bicycle have nothing to do with whether you can work. What are your skills, and how would they fit into today's job market? If you have a particular skill that is needed, there should be an opening for you somewhere. If that's not your cup of tea, then you can always start your own business, if you're willing to work at it. If you do that, I would suggest that you incorporate yourself and get someone to help you with advertising. I'm 81, and I still work as a sole proprietor, having my own counseling office. I have to do continuing ed. every year to keep my license current, but I still enjoy working with people. Find something you enjoy doing and you're good at doing, and you'll find a niche.

• 9 months ago

If you can stand 4-6 hours a day, Chick Fil A would be a great place. I did, but after two days my feet hurt from standing, I had to leave. Wages were $13 to start, other crew very wonderful and supportive, and 99% terrific company to work for. In the food preparations "back" area, the jobs are like assembly work, you do you little part for the great food that comes out.

• 9 months ago

You will never know what you can or want to do unless you try it. I'm 80 and my wife and I, along with 2 other members, do estate sales for people who are selling or down sizing their homes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Try an agency or organization that specializes in finding jobs for seniors.

• 9 months ago

would u enjoy delivering newspapers? they can be thrown into yards from your vehicle..

• drip
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Not sure why you think your looks have to do with going back to work.

We have two employees at our small store that are over 65. Walmart, Target, Department stores all hire 65+. Many retirees get a part time job.

• Ron
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I relate to what you said. It was rewarding to be a producer in the workplace. Retirement can be a bit of a let down.

• 9 months ago

As long as you aren't receiving social security, you should be able to get ack in the job market with no problems. That is, if you have skills the market is looking for. Or you might start your own business, like motorcycle repair? The aftermarket for trucks is also a very lucrative retail business these days.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jackolantern
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Your Social Security is taxed only after you have reached a certain amount in your total retirement for the year. I think it's somewhere around mid $30,000. Under that, there is no taxes on Social Security.

• Rick
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

I've retired three more times SINCE I retired from the ARMY. GO FOR IT !!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.