Navya asked in SportsTennis · 3 months ago

Is it good to take a sport all 4 years of High School??

Like, I am planning to do tennis all 4 years of high school. I am not like super amazing, scholarship kind of good at tennis. I'm just decent I guess. I made JV for my freshmen year and idk if I'll make Varsity. But, I wanted to know if I should take tennis all 4 years or just stop after like 2 years. Thanks for all kind answers!!

• Chuck

If you enjoy tennis, and you enjoy like getting out and hitting the ball, then take as many lessons as you can! It's a blast!! Have fun and see how far you can go!!!!

Source(s): playing teaching coaching

If it is something like football no worst thing you can do track for 4 years is good

• Mike L

If you're enjoying it, do it all 4. I played 2 in high school and was pretty good. 5 seed as a freshmen on Varsity then 2 seed as a sophomore. I just didn't enjoy it anymore so I quit to play on the golf team.

i dont see why not

Yes....

Great exercise you be fit and happy

Looks good on a college application

Being part of a team could build friendships

It can also lead into a collegiate career

• .

Yes. For personal enjoyment. Both my sons did soccer and tennis throughout high school. It doesn't really help you get into a university -- if you're not looking for an athletic scholarship. But it's great fun.

The fascinating part is that you made the cut for the JV squad as a freshman. You will make it to varsity.

I think you should focus on English class before sports

• Lili

Yes, of course. Do it for pleasure and interest.

If you like tennis, keep playing tennis. Why would you stop after 2 years if you enjoy it? And playing a sport is a good way to stay healthy and balance the stress of academic pursuits.