sexy troll asked in SportsBoxing · 9 months ago

has there ever been a champion boxer that went undefeated as an amateur and professional?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

yes, Ricardo Lopez, although he did have 1 draw

• ...Show all comments
    • Thing Three9 months agoReport

Well done, great find. It's so hard to verify an amateur record of a retired fighter especially when they fought outside of the UK or US but Lopez checks out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

i do not think so

• No one comes to mind from the last 3 Centuries.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Probably not, because if anyone has that kind of record, they probably only fought not very good fighters and hid from real challengers.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Not really, if anyone has that kind of record, they are either really really good or only fought bums and weaker opponents and hid from real challengers.

The closest is probably Lomachenko, with 1 amateur loss in almost 400 fights and 1 bullshit loss in which he was robbed from his 14 pro fights, all of which were against decent opponents some of them undefeated until they fought Loma.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Yeah, there is a lot of bad decisions, some some blatantly obvious judges didn't even try to hide their bias. Personaly i think we are long past the judges system, we have the technology to not need to rely on judges, computer and video is much more accurate than any judge.

• 9 months ago

No, it's almost impossible to get through the amateurs without a loss unless you don't stick around for long but then you're more likely to pick up pro losses.

I cannot think of one fighter who fits the profile, I'm sure it hasn't happened or else I would have known, I can ask on my forum for you though in case someone knows of someone but off the top of my head Claressa Shields is the closest to perfect with only 1 loss in the amateurs and an undefeated pro record so far.

• Leomin
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Great question. I only know of Vasyl Lomachenko being close to that - 1 loss in 122 amateur fights or something. I realise this doesn't answer your question so, sorry about that.

• ...Show all comments
    • Leomin
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

Oh that's right. I think I was looking at Joe Calzaghe's career and got mixed up. Convenient how there's no way to verify 396 amateur bouts though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.